Standard Contour 5 String Bass
A revolutionary designed electro-acoustic bass guitar manufactured using a range of hardwoods from sustainable and reclaimed sources. The standard contour 5 string is available in 2 styles:
- Contour - P5 (Poplar) - fretted or fretless with markers and side markers
- Contour - R5 (Rosewood) - fretted or fretless with markers and side markers
Lead Time: 10-12 weeks from deposit
|Quantity||Add to Basket|
Base Guitar Features
- Revolutionary design of electro-acoustic bass guitars
- Patented body construction redefines convention
- Unique contoured body profiling for a new level of player comfort
- Controllable action and intonation with adjustable bridge and nut
- Precision engineered frame enabling patented through body stringing which aids sustain and enhances natural tone
- Custom designed pre-amp control provides the simplicity of one tone and individual volume controls for neck pick up and transducer allowing a wide range of tonal variation
- High-end third party components include Hipshot lightweight tuning keys Bareknuckle neck pick up bespoke Rotosound stringing
- Manufactured using a range of hardwoods from sustainable sources
Electronics - The Preamp
The preamp uses precision op-amps with each input configuration selected to match the characteristics of the magnetic and piezo pickups. Detailed design ensures optimum balance between low noise and battery consumption.
A moderated level of amplification is used to maximise signal to noise ratio ensuring standard amplifier compatibilitywithout overloading. Filters and tone control terms optimise the response to the bass guitar frequencies.
Active tone controls at the mid setting provide a flat frequency response counter clockwise rotation boosts bass and cuts treble clockwise rotation has the opposite effect.
The frequency around which this rotation point occurs has been selected to match the instrument acoustics.
This simplicity of using one tonal control plus individual volume controls for each pick up allows an extensive range of tonal variation